Mr Zuhair Saidan, Consultant Breast Surgeon at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, is Chair of the Lancashire & South Cumbria Breast Network Site Specialist Group (NSSG).
The role and purpose of the Breast NSSG is to improve the experience and outcomes of cancer care for Breast patients in the Lancashire & South Cumbria Cancer Network. This involves consideration of strategies and plans for service improvement and service development across the patient pathway, incorporating all aspects of care at appropriate stages of the patient's journey. The aim is to achieve the best possible outcomes and best quality of life for all patients who use Breast cancer services within the Network.
The Breast NSSG:
- Is the Network's primary source of clinical opinion on issues relating to Breast cancer for the Network
- Is the Group with corporate responsibility for co-ordination and consistency across the Network for policy, practice guidelines, audit, research and service improvement relating to Breast cancer.
- Will consult with the relevant cross-cutting Network groups on issues involving chemotherapy, cancer imaging, histopathology and laboratory investigation and specialist palliative care; and with the Head of Service on issues involving radiotherapy.
Members of the NSSG will be responsible for feeding back information/decisions from the NSSG to their clinical and managerial colleagues.
Each year the Breast NSSG reviews the Constitution and Terms of Reference for the group and ensures that the Reference Manual for the Management of Breast Cancer is kept in line with national guidance.
- Constitution and Terms of Reference 2015
- Anuual Report 2014-15
- Work Programme 2015-16
- Clinical Guidelines for the Management of Breast Cancer
- Chemotherapy Protocols
- Chemotherapy Algorithms
Patient Information Leaflets : the Breast Cancer Nurse Forum have developed a set of patient information leaflets for use across the Network