At the SCN, we put patients and their needs at the centre of all of our work. This is essential in order to ensure that our strategy and services will be fit for purpose. The NHS is established to support patients and they need to be the focus of its development.
There are formal channels such as Patients, Carers and Public (PCP) Engagement Advisory Groups and Patient Partnership Groups (PPGs), ensuring patient involvement in our steering groups and recruitment processes. There are also two designated SCN team members who have responsibility for ensuring patients are involved in all aspects of the work we deliver. Additionally, we are developing our relationship and involvement with the community and voluntary sector to support the development and delivery of our mission.
Our PCP Engagement Strategy gives further details on how we are involving and consulting our patients, carers and members of the public on a range of issues.
We are currently working through all our current programmes and project work to further assess how patients can become more involved in influencing our work.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Cancer Partnership Group
Lancashire & South Cumbria Cancer Partnership Group :
Get Involved and Make a Difference : No decision about me without me
Who are we ?
The Cancer Partnership Group involves cancer patients, their carers, healthcare professionals, clinicians, members of local cancer groups and local support groups.
- To keep the patient at the centre of cancer services;
- To support improvements in all aspects of the cancer patient journey and carer experience at the local level across Lancashire and South Cumbria;
- To work in collaboration and partnership with clinicians and healthcare professionals to improve patient pathways and outcomes.
Could you help us to improve cancer services ?
We are interested in recruiting people affected by cancer in our local area covering:
- Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre
- Morecambe Bay and South Cumbria
- East Lancashire, including Blackburn, Burnley and surrounding areas
- Central Lancashire, including Preston, Chorley and surrounding areas
For more information contact:
Cancer Partnership Group
c/o Cancer Help (Preston) Ltd, Vine House, 22 Cromwell Road, Ribbleton, Preston PR2 6YB
Tel: 01772 793344
Download CPG contact leaflet
National Cancer Patient Conference 2015
Fuller details of the conference and presentations can be found in Key Achievements and Case Studies