Who are we?
• We are a group of people, clinical and non-clinical, from a diverse range of organisations, including members of the public, who want to improve the experience for people living with Dementia in Greater Manchester and Eastern Cheshire
• We are led by clinical leads and supported by a team of project and programme managers, including business support
• The work of the network is undertaken through task and finish groups, reporting to a senior management team
• We work in partnership with Dementia United– the improvement collaborative which aims to make Greater Manchester the best place in the world for dementia care.
What are our aims?
• To develop a strong strategic clinical network team which will improve the experience of people living with dementia and those who care for them in Greater Manchester and Eastern Cheshire, as well as reducing unwarranted variation in quality
• To make sure that people who live with dementia and those who care for them, alongside clinical experts, have a voice in designing and developing services
• To identify and support the implementation of best practice and improved services
• To measure the impact of developments on the experience of people living with dementia and those who care for them.
How do we do it?
• We work with our expert network and partners to identify where improvements can be made, using best evidence available
• We visit local areas to discover and understand those high quality services they offer and how we can work together to spread them further
• Once identified, our stakeholders, including clinicians, people living with dementia and carers, help draft outcome-based deliverables which target action that needs to be taken to improve dementia services
• The network works with its stakeholders to ask other interested groups for their feedback, managing the introduction of the improvements and then evaluating their impact.
How can I get involved?
• The views of the public are very important to us and everyone who works to improve dementia services in Greater Manchester
• If you are interested in getting involved in the work of Dementia United, click here.