The Dementia network currently leads on various priorities aligned to our Dementia work programme and investments that have been made.
Dementia awareness and Dementia Friendly communities
• We invested in a Youth Ambassadors Programme to raise awareness on 'Dementia Matters' in schools across GM for young people
• As part of Dementia awareness in BAME communities, we have continued to support the North West Dementia arts and therapy network created by Multicultural Arts and Media Centre (MAMC), as well as some of their ongoing locality meetings and events.
• We have been supporting Lancashire Dementia Voices (LDV) by investing funds as well as supporting their vision to continue to raise awareness around dementia from a Dementia person's perspective and what matters to them.
• Investment in the Butterfly scheme project which was recently launched at UHSM
Dementia and Dying
- Well We have continued to increase awareness around planning for the future which involves decision making and future care that is person centred through individualised care plans.
An agreed Clinical Care Pathway in delivering an Individualised care plan, with best practice pathway able to flex to local population needs and commissioning intentions, ideally with a minimum standard of service provision around dementia.
Development of an integrated and holistic dementia care pathway in collaboration with external organisations, clinical leads and expertise.
Dementia Research Resource; promoting and facilitating access to research for people with dementia, their carers and communities. This is currently being led by the GMLSC SCN clinical lead and it is anticipated that a resource/toolkit which provides a seamless route into research participation will be made available.
Dementia Education and training guidance; promoting and facilitating well trained staff to deliver on dementia priorities locally and across the boundaries of health and social care, with the SCNs supporting a collaborative approach to education and training alongside key stakeholders.
Dementia Strategy in localities:Engaging with localities to ensure that a clear strategic approach to dementia is available and that the appropriate range of services is commissioned in line with national, regional and local priorities.